There are many things I love about the island ~ here are a few …
1. They have zoning laws that prevent tall buildings and neon signs ~ everything is very low key and rustic.
2. Because it started out as a sporting vacation spot, the island is covered in golf courses and tennis courts … which are green, and very pretty.
3. The island is also criss-crossed with really nice bike trails, so you bike everywhere ~ there are always bike racks to lock up your beach cruiser, and anyone who has ever been here before (and even the newbies, because you learn quick!) knows that as a motorist, you have to always be aware of the bike traffic.
4. The beaches are huge and beautiful, and un-commercialized.
5. There are tons of outdoor cafes, bars and restaurants with gorgeous views.
6. There is something to do for all ages ~ the island even has a mini-water park for kids.
7. The seafood is ridic. And most restaurants serve She Crab Soup (my ultimate fav!)
Some pics of where we bought the scallops, clams, shrimp & crab legs …
8. There are a bunch of water-related activities to do … dolphin watches, wave runners, catamarans, mystery boat dinner cruises, sailboats … you name it, it’s probably down here.
Some pics from our sunset sail on “Cheers” … set up by my little brother, who couldn’t make it due to food poisoning. Poor guy.
(The cloud formations and color due to Miss Irene were ah-may-zing … so incredible that the camera couldn’t quite capture it all … sad face).
And one when we were landlubbers once again …
I’m off for a ride on the beach on one of our sexy beach cruisers. I love this island!