As I may have mentioned a time or two before, I love mushrooms.
When stuffed mushrooms are on a menu, I am compelled, as though by an otherworldly force, to order them.
Sometimes, they are divine. And sometimes, they are not.
When I first met the man, he said that he had the best recipe ever for Stuffed Mushrooms. I was skeptical. But it turns out, he was pretty spot on in his assessment.
Here, for your enjoyment:
Santa’s Stuffed Mushrooms
(Don’t let the name fool you ~ they are an all-year treat!)
What you Need:
2 packages button mushrooms
1 pint sour cream
2 Tbsp butter
1 pkg Onion Dip
1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan
2 Tbsp Dry Cooking Sherry
What to Do:
1. Make your bread crumbs by putting 1 and 1/2 pieces of plain, soft bread in a food processor. Pulse until evenly chopped.
2. Preheat oven to 350.
3. Clean mushrooms. Remove stems and set aside.
4. Make onion dip by combining onion package and sour cream. You will only need 3/4 cup for the recipe, so you can also enjoy some veggies or chips and dip. 😉
5. Coarsely chop mushroom stems. In a small saucepan, combine chopped stems with butter, and cook until soft.
6. Combine 3/4 cup onion dip, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, sherry and drained mushroom stems. Mix well. Fill mushroom caps with mixture. Sprinkle with a little more parmesan (if you’re a cheese person, which I am!)
7. Cook for approximately 20 minutes.